Hi all. I recovered my kitchen parsons chairs. They’re so cheerful and colorful. I ordered the fabric from fabric.com. There are so many patterns to choose from that it took me awhile to settle on this one. I’m not an upholsterer, but this was pretty easy.
Here’s a picture of what they looked like, and my first one covered. There wasn’t anything wrong with them. I just wanted color.
I unbolted the parts of the chair, but didn’t take the old fabric off. Not all parsons chairs are alike, so your’s might come apart differently.
I worked on the bottom of the chair first. I cut out a piece of fabric that would more than cover it. I knew I would want to sew the front corners, so I pulled the fabric tightly and pinned where I wanted to sew it. Then I marked it with a pencil, and sewed the 2 front corners.
This picture shows the 2 front corner seams and how it fits snug after sewing it.
Then I flipped it over and stapled it in place, trimming the excess fabric.
For the top, I cut 2 pieces for the front and back, and stitched them together. I had to slip the sewn cover over the top and remove it several times until it fit snug. Once I had my first one sewn where it had a good snug fit, I removed it and created a paper template for the remaining 3 chairs.
Once I had the top in place, I just folded it under the bottom and stapled.
I then snipped little openings where the bolts needed to get through so I could reassemble the chair.
Another easy DIY.