Fringe is in and I’m happy about it. I love fringe tassel earrings and necklaces. So let me show you how I make beaded fringe earrings. It’s not the way you find all over the internet. It’s my way. It may or may not work for you. I use this method because it keeps my fringe tails even.
2 Delica seed beads for center
2 earring wires (fish hook or lever back)
2 eye pins
2 small jump rings
Whatever colorful seed beads you want (any size)
1. String the seed beads in the color order you want onto the thread. Skipping the last seed bead, insert your needle back through the rest of the seed beads you added.
2. Pass through a Delica seed bead. (I use Delica seed beads for the center because they are easiest to pass through several times.) Here you can use an eye pin. I find that when I use one, my fringe tails aren’t very even.
3. Repeat steps 1 and 2. You now have two tails.
4. Continue repeating steps 1 and 2, until you are satisfied with the number of tails.
5. Pass your thread through the eye pin and back through the Delica a couple of times. Tie off and pass your thread back down a tail. Snip it off.
6. Add your cap. If you want to add a seed bead you can. Then add the jump ring. Make a loop on the eye pin, and twist the wire around. Trim off excess.
7. Add the earring to your earring wire.
If you want to add more tails to your earring, you will probably have to use the eye pin to pass through rather than a Delica seed bead. The Delica won’t be able to handle your needle passing through a lot of times.
Have fun making your own beaded fringe earrings!