Cleaning your outdoor rugs at the end of the season is quick and easy. And boy do they need it after serving us outside for several months. You can see my deck decor here.
Check your weather forecast first to make sure you’ll have a couple of sunny days for them to fully dry. I did just that, and the forecast said no rain whatsoever for the next 10 days. And would you believe that we got a good rain that night? Yep we did.
- The first thing I did was hit bad areas with a spot remover and let it sit for awhile.
- Give the rug a good soak with the hose.
- Using just dish liquid detergent and warm water, scrub it with a stiff bristled brush.
- Give it a good rinse with the hose.
- Hang to dry and hope it doesn’t rain. I waited a couple of days to make sure mine were good and dry before I rolled them up.
- Roll them into a cylinder. I tie mine with clothes line cord.
- Store them standing upright.
I fertilized my lawn last week, so now I can cross 2 items off my autumn task list. Woohoo! You can see my autumn task list here.
How is your fall chore list coming along? I’d love to hear how you’re coming along.