Hi all! We started on our fall projects last weekend because there is a LOT to do. I also want to organize the garage as a separate project, do some updates to the dining room, host another large party, and we’re scheduled to take a trip in early October. Before I know it, it’s going to be Christmas. I just hope my energy level can keep up with my ambition. Maybe I should increase to 2 protein bars a day instead of 1.
1. Power Wash – this is number 1 on my list. The water spray will freeze you to death if you do it when it’s chilly outside.
2. Clean dryer vent – the number 3 cause of house fires and we haven’t done it at all in the 3 years of living here. Not wise.
3. Wash sofa covers – hasn’t been done for 2 years, and it’s time.
4. Clean behind refrigerator – I did it last year. Yay for me.
5. Paint hose holders – hasn’t been painted since we made them over 2 years ago.
6. Drain hot water heater – hasn’t been done since we moved in 3 years ago. Shame on us.
7. Clean humidifier – not sure if hubby did it last year or not.
8. Scrub all trash cans including outdoor bin – uh-oh, it’s been awhile.
9. Wash outdoor windows – did it last year.
10. Winterize power washer – didn’t do it last year.
11. Fertilize lawn – I’m on top of it. I’m a lawn freak.
12. Scrub outdoor rugs, cushions, etc. – did it last year.
13. Plant spring bulbs – planted some in the back last year. Doggy dug them up and ate them. Fine! I’ll put some in the front yard.
14. Prune perennials – done every year.
15. Clean out/organize garden cabinet – did it last year, but you wouldn’t know it by the looks of it.
16. Clean garden tools – oh, dear. Sigh.
17. Spray outdoors for bugs – always done. Me and bugs don’t mix.
18. Drain and store hoses – always done.
19. Winterize mower & weed whacker – not done last year, and boy could we tell it this year.
20. Drain sprinkler system – has to be done every year.
21. Check outdoor winter supplies – done every year.
22. Bird feeders – done every year.
As you can see, we’ve been slacking quite a bit. It’s time for us to get in gear and get this stuff done. Some maintenance items, not listed here, will go on a spring list. There’s only so many hours in a day.
I hope my list is a help in making yours. Not everyone has the same needs. Take a look around your property and decide what needs to be done the most. Tackle what you can, and pat yourself on the back.