Hi all! Don’t you just love it when your home is nice and clean? After all a clean home is a healthier home. But who wants to spend a lot of time cleaning? I sure don’t. Here are a few tricks that I’ve picked up to get it done faster.
1. Get in the habit of putting things where they belong right away. When it’s time to clean you don’t want to be running around the house putting everything away.
2. Reduce knick-knacks, trinkets, collections and useless pieces of furniture. The less you have, the less you have to clean.
3. Cover a hard-to-dust display item with a glass cloche.
4. Use a Swiffer-type sweeper, with a microfiber towel attached, to dust hardwood and tile floors before mopping. Pulling a vacuum around and trying to maneuver it takes more effort.
5. Purchase a spray mop. No more dragging around buckets.
6. Use a can of compressed air electronic cleaner to clean light prisms and faux flowers.
7. Clean the bathrooms, floors and dust at least every week. Less build up means less effort.
8. Clean in the same order and use the same routine. This reduces thought and increases action.
9. Move faster. Time yourself and try to improve your speed. Think of it as an exercise routine.
10. Last and most important, a shoddy job is better than not doing it at all. You won’t get a raise for excellent performance. So if you’re time is short, don’t worry about every nook and cranny. You’ll get to it next time.
I hope this was helpful. If you have any tricks that you use, let me know in the comments.