How about a new version of a bead woven snowflake? It’s super easy and takes hardly any time at all. I love how sparkly it is, and there’s nothing like Swarovski crystals to create flash. You can attach it to earring wires or a jump ring for a necklace. Circling through the beads a second time ensures that the points of the snowflake won’t flop around.
You’ll need 8 6mm crystal bicones, 24 4mm bicones, 24 3mm bicones, seed beads, and beading thread.
1) Add 4 6mm bicones to your thread, circle through them a second time, and tie a double knot with both ends of the thread.
2) Pass your needle through the 4 bicones again but add a seed bead in between each 6mm bicone.
3) After passing out of a 6mm bicone, add 3 4mm bicones, and go back through the 6mm bicone. Circle through them a second time.
4) Pass your needle through the top 4mm bicone, add 3 3mm bicones, and go back through the 4mm bicone. Circle through them a second time.
5) Pass your needle through the top 3mm bicone, add 3 more 3mm bicones, and go back through the top 3mm bicone. Circle back through them a second time.
6) Repeat steps 3, 4, and 5 for the other 6mm bicones.
7) Pass your needle out of a 4mm bicone and through a seed bead.
8) Pass your needle out through the adjacent 4mm bicone.
9) Add 1 seed bead, 1 6mm bicone, and 1 seed bead. Go back through the 4mm bicone, seed bead, and 4mm bicone.
10) Circle through all beads a second time.
11) Repeat steps 7, 8, 9 and 10 for the remaining 3 corners.
Weave and knot your threads, and your done! I added a delica seed bead to one point, so I could add a jump ring for my necklace.
Have fun and be sure to send me a photo if you make one.