I’ve been slacking this summer on getting the pillow case dresses finished for Operation Christmas Child. Between summer fun and digging my way out of the craft room
hoard supplies, I’ve only gotten a few finished. Fortunately I only have 13 out of 70 left to do. I’ll share my latest favorites.
I made these ties with some scrap fabric strips. Less costly, but more time consuming. I think they’re cuter with homemade ties, but I’ll never reach my goal if I keep making them. So it’s back to ribbon ties for me.
I added a fairy button that I found when cleaning up my craft room. I think the little girl that gets this dress will like it, especially the glitter wings.
I had 2 small pieces of this pink and aqua plaid fabric left, and used it for the tops of two dresses. This one I paired with aqua broadcloth.
I think the striped ribbon I have adds punch to the dress.
For this dress I paired the plaid fabric with coral broadcloth. I made that plaid fabric stretch as far as I could. It’s all gone now.
It’s much easier sewing these dresses with the new lighting in the sewing cabinet. If I didn’t have to make 70 dresses, I could really get creative, but quantity is important to reach our church’s goals. It sounds like we’re going to have about 1000 dresses ready for packing!
Thanks for sharing this with me.